Finding Your Purpose with Confidence and Positivity
Today I want to discuss your mindset and building confidence, having a confident attitude. Having confidence and believing in yourself can take you very far in life, further than you could possibly imagine. Whatever your goal, being confident, keeping a clear and positive focus, and eliminating negativity can mean the difference between success and failure. This is a basic and vitally important piece of the puzzle whenever you are seeking to make changes for the better. You have to believe in yourself and your ability to attain your objective.
Some people seem to be born with a confident attitude. For others, confidence is built over time through their attitudes and their past experience of themselves and their relationship to the world. Now, by confidence, I don’t just mean the general “being confident around others,” but rather being confident of the fact that you and your life have a purpose. If you maintain a positive attitude, live life to the fullest, and treat others with dignity and respect, you are already demonstrating both purpose and confidence.
So what can you do to develop a more confident and positive mindset? One thing you can do is to make a list of all the things you are good at, whatever they might be, whether it’s cooking or playing an instrument. Write absolutely everything down no matter how small. It all counts. Next, I want you to add any achievements you’ve managed to attain over the course of your life so far, even if it’s a simple certificate for winning a spelling bee when you were 5, or learning to ride a bike. Look over this list and feel proud because you should be! Continue to add to this list over time, as you continue to achieve successes.
Other ways to develop confidence:
- Speak Up. Often we don’t speak up because we’re afraid that others will judge us for saying something stupid. Generally, people are much more accepting than that. Moreover, others are often dealing with the exact same fears. Make an effort to speak up in group situations. You’ll develop more confidence in your ideas and improve your public speaking skills.
- Make an effort to look your best. When you look your best, it changes the way you carry yourself and the way you interact with others. When you dress well and pay attention to your grooming, it affects how you feel about yourself. Making an effort to look your best automatically gives you more confidence.
- Work out. The many benefits of physical fitness are too numerous to go into at length here. Bottom line: being in shape gives you more confidence in yourself, your abilities, your energy, and improves your mood and mental capabilities. It’s all good news. Go hiking in Evergreen or biking in Evergreen.
- Focus on contribution. The more you contribute to the world the better you’ll feel about yourself. An added bonus is that contributions are often rewarded with more personal success and recognition. These, in turn, increase your feelings of self-confidence.
- Posture. The way you carry yourself tells the world how you feel about yourself. Practicing good posture automatically helps you feel more confident. Stand up straight, keep your head up, and make eye contact. You’ll make a positive impression on others and instantly feel more alert and empowered
Building confidence and having a positive attitude is crucial when it comes to reaching goals. We all want abundance in life. Whether it’s with our families or at work, we all want to be successful. The secret key to unlocking your happiness and success is learning how to be more positive in every sense of the way.
The truth is that your happiness and success lie within your own hands. Always believe in yourself and your unique value. In the end, having self-confidence and a positive attitude is an inside job and that’s good news because you’re in charge of what goes on in your mind and feelings. So we’re back to mindset. Henry Ford said: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” Wise words.
Evergreen Life and Wellness Coaching
Suzanne Levy | (303) 670-7863
June Blog Queen
My Top 4 Days on Earth, Biking in Evergreen
By Anna Timmons
Owner, Evergreen Movement Studio and Evergreen Rolfing