On This Page: U.S. Government | Unincorporated Evergreen | Jefferson County | Owning A Business | Tax Information | Demographics | Presentations
What does it mean to be unincorporated?
The Evergreen area is unincorporated. An unincorporated area is a region of land that is not governed by a local municipal corporation. The Evergreen area is governed by Jefferson County, headquarters in Golden.
Below is contact information for different Jefferson County departments, demographics, Stats & Tax information, and information related to owning or starting a business in Jefferson County.
Contacting Your Jefferson County Representatives / Departments
The Board of County Commissioners acts as the governing body of the county. They are elected at large to four-year terms and enact policies such as the establishment of the property tax rate and the adoption of the budget. They adopt ordinances or local laws that affect citizens living in unincorporated Jefferson County.
Libby Szabo (R)- District 1
Casey Tighe (D) - District 2
Lesley Dahlkemper (D) - District 3 (Evergreen/Conifer Area)
Future Improvements: Planning & Zoning
Presentation by the Evergreen Technical Advisory Panel (TAP), concerning future improvements in our mountain community including Downtown Evergreen.
The panel includes John Koval, John Binder, Michael Levinson, Don Elliot, Gretchen Wilson, Ann Bowers, & Ann Ricker.
Own A Business / Starting A Business ?
If you are doing business within Jefferson County, you need to contact the county regarding the following:
- The issuance of a liquor license
- Plan review, issuance of licenses, and the inspection of businesses engaged in activities that affect the health and environment of the citizens of the county (e.g. daycare, restaurants, mobile food service)
- The valuation and collection of Commercial Property Taxes
- The valuation and collection of Business Personal Property Taxes
- Workforce/Labor Issues
Business Information - General
Telephone: (303) 279-6511
Health Department – Jefferson County
Telephone: (303) 232-6301
Liquor Licensing – Jefferson County
Telephone: (303) 271-8167
State and Local Tax Information
The Colorado income tax rate is a flat 4.63 percent of your federal taxable income, regardless of income level.
Sales taxes Colorado's state sales tax is 2.9 percent on retail sales
- Machinery and tools used in manufacturing
- Ingredients used in manufacturing or processing
- Sales to governmental units
- Prescription drugs, eyeglasses, some medical devices
Business Licensing & Sale/Use Tax
Telephone: (303) 238-7378
Jefferson County Planning & Zoning
Telephone: (303) 271-8700