Why Should You Move to Evergreen?
Living in Evergreen is like returning to your vacation home every day. Whether you are a young family, and empty nester or somewhere in between this is the place for you. We have world-class recreation including hiking, biking, boating in Evergreen, fishing, skiing and much more. We have multiple art galleries in Evergreen, sculpture walks, live music venues, fairs and festivals the list goes on and on.
7 Reasons to Make Evergreen Your Next Home
Looking to fulfill your dream of mountain living? Evergreen is the perfect place to plant roots, whether you’re single, partnered or raising school-aged kids. What makes our community so appealing? Find out why Niche.com rated Evergreen the No. 1 “Best Place to Raise a Family in Jefferson County.”
- Low crime. Homefacts.com gives Evergreen an A+ for crime.
- Strong business climate. If you are looking to start or relocate a business, our established chamber, along with a robust business climate, can lay the foundation for success.
- Year-round events. From summer concerts and community fundraisers to cultural events and free festivals, your calendar will be full all year round!
- Housing options. Despite the tight housing market in the state, Evergreen still has plenty of options, whether you’re looking to rent a condo or buy your first home.
- Award-winning schools. Our local schools rate among the best in the state!
- An abundance of recreation. Evergreen Park & Recreation District covers 50,000 acres and is one of the largest in the state. Factor in Wulf Recreation and Buchanan Park Centers and you’ve got more than enough to keep you busy.
- Proximity to Denver. The Mile High City now has eight professional sports team! Coupled with the Denver Zoo, shopping, performing arts, museums and restaurants, there’s no shortage of world-renowned options within driving distance!
7 Reasons to Retire in Evergreen
If you’re thinking about making Evergreen your final home, we’ve got seven reasons to retire in our mountain community!
- Low tax rates. The current combined sales tax rate for Evergreen is 4.5%. Compare that to Denver, which is 7.65%!
- A variety of retirement living options. Evergreen offers a spectrum of lifestyle choices, from senior living facilities and secluded horse properties to golf-centered communities.
- Access to medical care. Whether you need preventative care or treatment, local specialists and state-of-the-art facilities are within driving distance.
- Senior resources. Although the Evergreen Chamber’s (www.evergreenchamber.org) “Live Here” tab offers lots of ideas, you may want to start with the Seniors’ Resource Center, which offers screenings, transportation, mental health and adult day programs.
- Lots to do! You’ll never run out of ideas with open space parks, rec centers, Evergreen Lake, yoga, year-round events such as art in Evergreen, music in Evergreen, hiking in Evergreen, biking in Evergreen and fishing in Evergreen.
- Continuing care options. Evergreen provides easy access to a full spectrum of independent and assisted living, respite, short-term rehabilitative care and in-home health care.
- Opportunities to volunteer. The fastest way to get involved in a new community is by volunteering. Evergreen has plenty of nonprofits, community organizations and interest groups to keep you busy, from arts, charitable foundation, sports and recreation, you’ll meet like-minded neighbors and quickly form new friendships.
To learn more about what Evergreen has to offer, visit evergreenchamber.org or stop into our Visitor’s Center, pick up a map and start exploring!
May Blog Queen
Free Summer Recreation Around Evergreen — 5 Top Parks, Playgrounds
By Julie Dikken
Owner, Macaroni Kid